by sblaw | September 27, 2014 12:28 am
Question: Please advise the documentation required to attend to the recordal of the assignment of the marks into the new owner’s name?
Answer: SBLAW would like to advise you on procedure and our fee schedule in relation to trademark assignment recordal in Vietnam as follows:
1. Procedure and timeline
Normally, the assignment recordal will be processed within 4-6 months from the filing date in case of no office action raised during the examination process. Otherwise, the term may take longer to a further 2-3 months.
2. Required information and documents
To proceed with the recordal, the following information/documents are required
(i) Name and address of the Assignor and Assignee;
(ii) Original Powers of Attorney which are signed by both Assignor or Assignee. No notarization or legalization is required.
(iii) The original registration certificates for endorsement purpose;
(iv) Two (02) original or certified true copies of the Deed of Assignment.
Notes: The Deed of Assignment should be signed by both Assignor and Assignee in each page thereof.
No notarization or legalization is required.
For your information, as stipulated, the Deed of Agreement should include but not limited to the following contents:
– Name and address of the Assignor and Assignee;
– Details of the Assigned Trademark including trademark, registration number, class of goods/services, issuance date of the registration;
– Assignment fee (actual or nominal fee are both acceptable)
– Rights and obligations of involved parties;
– Regulations on amendment, termination, dispute settlement;
– Time and place of signing the Agreement.
Get in touch with us
Source URL: http://ipright.vn/recordal-assignment-trade-mark/
Copyright ©2019 Trademark In Vietnam | Vietnam IP Agent – Patent Attorney – Trademark Attorney unless otherwise noted.