Question: We are one of intellectual property firm in Japan and found your information from the internet.
Could you please kindly quote us the newest best of price for filing a Trade mark application in Vietnam?
Please offer the relative fees of procedure as below request(included official fee and Attorney’s fee) ：
1. Filing an application for Trade make(office charge and your service fee)
2.How many items of goods for one service(basic)
3.Additional fee for each items of goods of one service
5. Registration & granting TM Certificate
6. Translation fee for items of goods
7.Response to an Office Action(if any)
Furthermore , please also kindly let us know the information as below.
1. The time frame
2. Requested Documents(has any Notarization or legalizations of doc. requested?)
Answer: Regarding your enquiries concerning the subject matter, we would like to advise you on procedure and our updated fee schedule in relation to the trademark registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
1.1 Trademark information
– Trademarks: (Please specify)
– Class(es): (Please specify)
1.2 Fee schedule
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering a trademark in Vietnam, in a smooth case, for your consideration
1.2.1. Trademark searches (Optional)
Trademark search for 01 trademark in one class
|1. Fee for conducting search 01 trademark in one class (optional)||–||85.00|
|2. Communication costs (if any)||30.00|
In words: One hundred forty-five US Dollars and seventy-five Cents
Note: The above-quoted fees include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US25.00) and actual communication costs ($US30.00)
1.2.2. Trademark registration
Trademark registration for one trademark in one class:
|1. Fee for filing an application and issuing certificate forone class of goods/services within 6 items*
– for each additional Class from the 2nd one
– for each additional goods/services from 7th one (if any)
– fee for priority claims of one trademark application
|2. Fee for granting a registration certificate for one trademark in one class of G/S (without limitation of number of goods/services in each class)*
– Fee granting a registration certificate for each additional class from the 2nd one
|3. Fee translation from English to Vietnamese for items of goods/services and/or priority documents for each 100 words (If any)||6.00|
|4. Fee translation from Chinese to Vietnamese for items of goods/services and/or priority documents||20.00|
|5. Communication costs (*)||30.00|
|Sub-total (with *):||288.00|
|TOTAL with (*)||327.40|
In words: Three hundred twenty-seven US Dollars and forty Cents
-The above-quoted fees include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US25.00) and actual communication costs ($US30.00).
–In case of any office action or possible opposition which may occur during the application proceedings, an additional charge may be incurred, upon your approval.
2.Procedure and timeline
2.1. The duration of a trademark searches is around 10-15 working days.
2.2. The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages (1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3-4 months); (2) examination as to substance (9-12 months) and (3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2-4 months). Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
3.Required documents and information
– Name and address of the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services
– Specimen of the applied mark (in e-copy only)
– An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant. No need notarization or Legalization. Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date; One original Power of Attorney can be used for filling one or more applications. (SBLAW’s form