SBLAW would like to advise you of the procedure and our fee schedule in relation to the trademark registration proceeding in Hong Kong as follows:
- SCOPE OF WORKS
In case SBLaw is your representative, we will have obligations as below:
- Providing legal advice on registration of the applied works in accordance with the IP Law of Hong Kong before filling;
- Preparing all neccesary forms/documents related to trademark registration procedure in Hong Kong for you to sign;
- Preparing the dossier and filing the same with the National Intellectual Property Office;
- Reporting on the status of the application for you (corresponding to each stage of examination procedure in Hong Kong);
- Reporting, providing legal advice and handling the refusal of National Intellectual Property Office (if any) during application procedure;
- Receiving and handing Certificate of Registration for you;
- Providing legal advice on using trademark after protecting;
- Updating the expiry date of this registration into our reminder system and will remind you to renewal day in time.
2. FEE SCHEDULE
In Hong Kong, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
As your communication, we noted that you would like to register the trademarks as follow:
|Trademark||Classes/ List of goods/service|
|Trademark||Class 36: Real Estate management; Repair costs Evaluation [financial appraisal]; Accommodation bureaux [apartments].
Class 42: Architecture; Architectural consultation; Design of interior Decor; Construction Drafting; Urban planning.
2.1 Time for conducting trademark search and registration
|Nation||Trademark search||Trademark registration|
|Hong Kong||15 – 25 days||09 -12 months|
2.2. Fee for conducting trademark search and registration
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering a trademark in Hong Kong, in a smooth case, for your consideration:
Fee for conducting 01 trademark search
|Fee for conducting 01 trademark search for 02 classes/01 trademark before filing application||200.00||150.00|
Four hundred thirty US dollars and fifty cents
Fee for registration for 01 trademark
|Fee for registration of 01 mark for two classes of goods/services with up to 2 items (included the fee for filling, publication and granting TMRC)||600.00||300.00|
One thousand and eight US dollars
Note: The above-quoted fees include Official Fees and Attorney Fees, 5% VAT, Communication cost and Bank charge; do not include legalized fee, additional fees in case of refusal in formality examination being opposed by the third party or refusal in sustainable examination due to similarity/to identity with other trademarks which were already registered. In case of any office action or any possible opposition which may occur during the application proceedings, an additional charge may be incurred, upon your approval.
2.3 Total fee:
|Fee for conducting 01 trademark searche in Hong Kong||430.50|
|Fee for registration for 01 trademarks in Hong Kong||1,008.00|
In words: One thousand four hundred thirty eight US dolllars and fifty cents
3. PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE
The duration of a trademark application is around 09 – 12 months – from the filing date to the actual receipt of the registration. Kindly note that the term for registration process in practice normally takes up to several months longer due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner. The process involves these stages (i) formal examination (1-2 months), (ii) publication in the Gazette (2 months); (iii) examination as to substance (10-12 months) and (iv) issuance of registration certificate of the registered mark (1-2 months).
4. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
- Name and address of the Applicant
- List of Goods/Services (available);
- Specimen of the applied mark (available);
- An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant (form of SBLAW)