If client would like to make the registration of the trademark in Vietnam, SBLaw would like to advise as follows:
1. Attorney fee for trademark registration.
In Vietnam, multi-classes application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
2. Procedure and timeline for trademark registration
The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages
(1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette ( 3 months);
(2) examination as to substance (9 months) and
(3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2 months).
Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
3. Required documents for trademark registration
– Name and address of the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services;
– Specimen of the applied mark;
– An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant (Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date).