Question: Our company is desirous of securing trademark registration in Vietnam. We request you to provide us with the following details to proceed further.
1) Your comprehensive fee schedule (Statutory fees/Government fees and Professional Fees) including fee for Trademark availability search.
2) Approximate time to secure registration.
3) Documents required to file the trademarks.
Regarding your enquiries, we would like to advise you on the procedure and our fee schedule in relation to the Trademark registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
1. FEE SCHEDULE
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Fee for conducting trademark search
|1. Fee for conducting one trademark searchin one class (optional)||—||80.00|
In words: Eighty US dollars only
Fee for trademark registration
|1. Fee for filing an application for one class of goods/services within 6 items*
– for each additional Class from the 2nd one
– for each additional goods from 7th one (if any)
|2. Fee for granting a registration certificate for one trademark in one class of G/S (without limitation of number of goods/services in each class)*
– for each additional class from the 2nd one
|Total (sum of Item with*)||260.00|
In words: Two hundred and sixty US dollars only.
- Under the Circular 263/2016/TT-BTC, the official fees will be increased $US 80.00 for each class from January 01, 2017.
- The above-quoted fees do not include 5% VAT of our service charge and actual communication costs ($US 30.00 – $US 40.00) as well bank charge ($US20.00). In case of any office action or any possible opposition which may occur during the application proceedings, an additional charge may be incurred, upon your approval.
2. TIME FRAME
The duration of a trademark search is around 10-15 working days.
The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages (1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3-4 months); (2) examination as to substance (9-12 months) and (3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2-4 months). Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
3. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
– Name and address of the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services;
– Specimen of the applied mark;
– Power of Attorney (form of SBLAW).