Question: I am french author and would like to register copyright for story, please send me your quotation and procedure?
Answer: Regarding your enquiries, we would like to advise you on the procedure and our fee schedule in relation to the Copyright registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
1. FEE SCHEDULE
– Type of work: Literary work (story)
1.2. Fee for filling 01 application for a literary work 220 USD.
5% VAT: 11 USD
Total: In words: 231 USD (Two hundred and thirty one US dollars).
Note: The above-quoted fees include 5% VAT
2. PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE
In Vietnam, the duration for a copyright application from mature to proceed to registration is 20 – 30 days from the filing date.
Kindly note that the term for registration process may take shorter or longer in practice due to the workload of the COV.
3. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
– 02 Notarized copies of Certificate of Business Registration of the Owner (owner is company)
– 02 Notarized copies of the the Owner’s ID or passport (owner is individual).
– 02 copies of the author’s ID or passport
– 02 original Power of Attorney
– 02 statutory declarations of the author(s)
– 02 printings of each story (sealed by the company, N/A in case of personal owner)
– One of the following documents:
+ 02 declarations of the author (In case the author is the owner)
+ 02 assigned decision (In case the staff of the company/the owner is assigned tasks to create)
+ 02 contracts of lease of creating (In case the owner hired a third party to write)